Majority of Nigerians with HIV are women – NACA PDF Print E-mail

Efforts directed at curbing the spread of the virus will be focused more towards women, NACA said. Majority of people living with HIV in Nigeria are women, the National Agency for the Control of Aids, NACA, has said. The Director-General of NACA, John Idoko, said 60 percent of the about 3.5 million Nigerians living with the virus, are women, meaning men account for the remaining 40 percent. He said the government was directing greater effort at involving women in the fight against the virus, since they constitute a higher proportion of those affected. Read full article here